A community where individuals and families are supported in leading healthy, productive and fulfilling lives.
KCR is a not for profit agency fostering diversity, collaboration and resourcefulness by tailoring services to meet community, family and individual needs.
- We promote inclusion and human rights
- We build relationships based on mutual trust
- We consult with participants
- We help each other grow
- We value everyone’s privacy
- We value individual choice and independence
- We value each other’s contribution, expertise and opinion
- We maintain a safe work place
- We care
- We act honestly
- We are trustworthy
- We are reliable and responsible
- We promote integrity to others
- We are accountable for our decisions and actions
- We leverage resources, knowledge and skills
- We create a welcoming and safe environment
- We contribute to a welcoming and vibrant community
- We collaborate to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- We support diversity in people
- We partner with others to improve the wholistic health of our community
- We are passionate about working with others
- We encourage creativity, innovation and growth
- We recognize and support individual’s needs
- We believe in peoples’ resilience and recognize their strengths
- We support participants; accept their decisions and responsibilities
- We approach problems with a ‘can do’ attitude
- We are flexible and responsive to change
- We challenge, improve and learn
CARF at KCR
CARF International accreditation demonstrates a program’s quality, transparency, and commitment to the satisfaction of the persons served. CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Toll free 1.888.281.6531. Learn more about how KCR is using CARF.
Board of Directors
For more information on our Board of Directors, please visit the Board of Directors page.
KCR is a multi-service agency offering programs and projects in four overarching areas:
Promotes community information, supporting volunteer management and hosting learning opportunities.
Helping unemployed and under-employed individuals identify career and educational goals, navigate the job search and develop essential job skills. Collaborating with employers in the Central Okanagan to more easily recruit quality applicants.
Family & Adoption Services
Providing family-centred, preventative supports and program referrals to parents with young children to increase knowledge, skills and community connections. Facilitating the legal and emotional process for adoptive parents building their family through intercountry and domestic adoption, for birthparents who want to make adoption plans and children in need of permanent homes.
Assisting Immigrants to Canada to feel welcome by providing information and connecting them to the community. Promoting the benefits of cultural diversity in our community by coordinating cultural awareness activities.
Society Registration Date: October 25, 1983
Society #: S0018587
Charity Business #: 118880665RR0001
Size of Budget: $6.3 million
# of Staff: 78.12 FTE (full-time equivalent)
Governance Board: 8 members (learn more about them here)
Sources of Revenue: Diverse funding base including federal, provincial and municipal governments, private and community foundations, corporate sponsorship, and private donors
Download: KCR Annual Impact Report 2022-2023