The International Credential Recognition (ICR) program supports skilled newcomers move towards obtaining recognized professional credentials within Canada. Through individualized case management, the ICR program guides newcomers through the credential recognition continuum, providing support related to verifying education credentials, credential-related financial support, and navigating various professional and regulatory bodies. The ICR program aims to support newcomers in their journey towards obtaining well-paying, stable employment within their field.
For more information or to apply to join this program, please contact:
250-763-8008 ext. 276
The International Credential Recognition (ICR) program offers:
- One-on-one assistance to identify the necessary steps needed to practice your profession in Canada
- Guidance in navigating the foreign credential verification processes, WES Assessments and other tools to have your credentials recognized in British Columbia
- Support in navigating and joining your professions regulatory body or professional organization
- Financial supports available for credential assessment fees, licencing fees, and other costs associated with credential recognition.
- Connections to local professional networks and employers
- Help with the goal setting and achievement plan to work in your target field within a reasonable timeframe by removing barriers to credential recognition in BC.
Funded by the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills
Administered by ASPECT – Association of Service Providers for Employability and Career Training