Skills Training for Employment Program
KCR is excited to bring you Skills Training for Employment Program (STEPs) to Training for Success!
Join Today: this is the last time we are able to offer this program for FREE.
Classes start May 1st. Contact us to secure the last few remaining spots.
Find employment as a Building Service Worker
The Building Service Worker Certificate program combines job search skills training/coaching with a Building Services Worker certificate from Okanagan College! Participants will obtain the knowledge and practical skills necessary for entry into the building service industry in custodial work, and upgrading for those who are currently employed in the industry. The program includes theory, demonstrations, and practical skills training in the classroom and appropriate work areas. Topics include health and safety regulations, work-place professionalism, and basic and specialized cleaning.
Building Services Worker Certificate Program
Program Start Date: May 1, 2023
Program Length: 14 weeks total
This program offers:
- 4 Modules of employment and skills training and development
- Individual job search assistance/coaching
- Identification of transferable skills
- Career assessments
- Mentorship opportunities in your chosen field
- Resume writing assistance
- Job placement assistance and follow up supports
- Basic computer training
The program is open to support vulnerable and under-represented groups, facing two or more barriers to seeking, obtaining, and maintaining employment.
If you are:
- Unemployed or have unstable or unsustainable employment
- Living in British Columbia
- A Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person Entitled to Work in Canada
- Not a full-time student
- Not actively participating in, and receiving financial supports from, another provincially or federally funded labour market program; and
- Facing two or more of the following types of barriers to Employment at the time of intake:
- housing instability
- recovering from addiction
- prior criminal justice involvement
- mental health challenges
- lack of social networks and connections
- lack of recent and/or Canadian work experience
- limited literacy skills
- limited English language skills
- low self-esteem
- low income
- Young Adult at Risk; or
- Older Worker; or
- Survivor of Violence and/or Abuse
*Additional eligibility requirements may apply, depending on the program type and/or the specific services and training offered.
More Information or to Register:
Office: KCR Community Resources, 620 Leon Avenue, Kelowna, BC