Saturday, September 16, 2023
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
Looking to Volunteer? Join us at the 26th annual Okanagan Volunteer Fair to learn more about over 70 local non-profit organizations and various types of opportunities they have available throughout the Central Okanagan! Connect with your community, network, gain experience, develop your skills, make an impact and get involved! This event is free to anyone who is interested in volunteering.
Sign up for our EBlast Newsletter to make sure you don’t miss any of KCR’s events.
Cost: Early Bird Registration $75 / Late Registration $85 / Magazine entry only $150
Early Bird Deadline: June 30, 2023
Registration Deadline: August 9, 2023
Note: Refunds will not be issued after the Registration Deadline.
- An organizational profile listing in the 2023/2024 Get Involved Magazine, which includes a 500 character description and your organization’s logo (check out last year’s magazine).
- A table with a tablecloth at the 26th Annual Okanagan Volunteer Fair on September 16th, 2023. Please complete all of your display requirements with your registration.
- A complimentary Volunteer Managers Appreciation Breakfast to celebrate the amazing work you have all been doing!
Sign up to our email list so you don’t miss information about the 2023 Okanagan Volunteer Fair!
Magazine Organizational Profile Listing
Your Event Registration includes a 500-character organization description and logo in our annual Get Involved Magazine, produced by the Kelowna Capital News.
The logo space is 2.3125″ wide x 0.75″ high. When sending your logo, the following are acceptable files:
- High-resolution PDF file (minimum 300dpi images at 100%, fonts embedded or converted to outlines) or;
- Vector Artwork file or .eps with all fonts converted to outlines (Illustrator CS3 or lower file) or;
- .jpeg or .tiff file at minimum 300dpi.
Remember a GIF file is NOT appropriate for print. Any files pulled off your website will NOT be accepted. DO NOT send us logos done in Publisher, CorelDraw, Word, Powerpoint or WordPerfect.
The correct format for your contact information is:
Magazine Write-Up (500 Characters)
Mention the kind of work your society/organization does, the kinds of volunteers you are looking for and what kind of training you offer to your volunteers. Encourage people to volunteer by letting them know how they can make a difference in their community using their skills and knowledge. Remember not to be too wordy and don’t include the contact information that already is listed at the top of your ad.
Volunteer Managers Appreciation Breakfast
Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
Time: 8:00am – 10:00 am
Location: Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
We would like to recognize and highlight you, the volunteer managers, who work so hard to make volunteering a valuable experience for everyone involved. As our way of giving thanks to your unwavering efforts and continued support throughout the past year, we formally invite you to a hearty appreciation breakfast. Please join us for a fun-filled morning of capacity building and recognition.
KCR reserves the right to refuse participation to organizations and also reserves the right to review display materials and limit or disallow materials it deems to be harmful or inappropriate.