Saturday, September 18, 2021
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
Looking to Volunteer? Join us at the 24th annual Okanagan Volunteer Fair to learn more about over 50 local non-profit organizations and various types of opportunities they have available throughout the Central Okanagan! Connect with your community, network, gain experience, develop your skills, make an impact and get involved! This event is free to anyone who is interested in volunteering. Please note that proof of vaccination is required to attend the event.
Read and review our COVID Safety Plan here
Check out the organizations attending the Okanagan Volunteer Fair!
- Adult & Teen Challenge Society of BC
- Allan Brooks Nature Centre
- Animal Food Bank
- Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team
- Canadian Red Cross
- Care to Speak c/o Canadian Mental Health Association Vernon
- Central Okanagan Food Bank
- Childhood Connections – Okanagan Family & Childcare Society
- City of Kelowna
- Connect Communities
- Connect Counselling & Therapy Society
- Cool Arts Society
- CRIS (Community Recreational Initiative Society)
- Dress For Success Kelowna
- Elevation Outdoors
- Emergency Support Services Central Okanagan – Provincial Emergency Program
- Federal Retirees Association
- Friends of Okanagan Rail Trail (FORT)
- GECCO (Global Empowerment Coalition of the Central Okanagan)
- Global Citizen Events
- Hands In Service
- Helen’s Acres Community Farm
- HOPE Outreach
- Interior Health
- Interior Health Community Care
- John Howard Society Okanagan & Kootenay
- KCR Community Resources – Employment Services
- Kelowna & District S.H.A.R.E. Society
- Kelowna Friends of the Okanagan Regional Library
- Kelowna General Hospital / Interior Health
- Kelowna Grandmothers for Africa
- Kelowna Kinsmen
- Kelowna ProChoice Action Society
- Kelowna Right to Life Society
- Kelowna’s Gospel Mission
- Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society
- Lake Country Art Gallery Society
- Lake Country Health
- Living Positive Resource Centre
- Mission Thrift Store Kelowna
- Parent Support Services Society of BC
- Pathways Abilities Society
- Paws it Forward Dog Rescue
- Peachland Wellness Centre
- Project Literacy Central Okanagan Society
- Regional District of Central Okanagan Parks Services
- Rotary Centre for the Arts
- Southern Medical Program
- St. John Ambulance Medical First Responder
- The Bridge Youth & Family Services
- The Salvation Army Renew Church Ministries
- The Salvation Army-Kelowna
- Tourism Kelowna
- YMCA of Okanagan
Come to the Okanagan Volunteer Fair for a chance to win awesome prizes from a variety of local businesses:
Thank you to the Okanagan Volunteer Fair Sponsors:
Thank you to the generous businesses who are sponsoring the Volunteer Managers Appreciation breakfast!
Missed last year’s event? Watch the recording on our YouTube page!
Cost: Early Bird Registration $65 / Late Registration $75 / Magazine entry only $150
Early Bird Deadline: July 31st, 2021
Registration Deadline: August 16th, 2021
Note: Refunds will not be issued after the Registration Deadline – August 16, 2021
To be contacted about 2022’s Fair, Sign up to our mailing list so you don’t miss our 2022 registration deadline.
- An organizational profile listing in the 2021/2022 Get Involved Magazine, which includes a 70-word description and your organization’s logo
- A 6 or 8ft table, with a tablecloth, at the 25th Annual Okanagan Volunteer Fair on September 18th, 2021. Please complete all of your display requirements with your registration
- A complimentary Volunteer Managers Appreciation Breakfast on September 17th, 2021 to celebrate the amazing work you have all been doing!
Magazine Organizational Profile Listing
Your Event Registration includes a 70-word organization description and logo in our annual Get Involved Central Okanagan Style magazine, produced by the Kelowna Capital News.
The logo space is 2.3125″ wide x 0.75″ high. When sending your logo, the following are acceptable files:
- High-resolution PDF file (minimum 300dpi images at 100%, fonts embedded or converted to outlines) or;
- Vector Artwork file or .eps with all fonts converted to outlines (Illustrator CS3 or lower file) or;
- .jpeg or .tiff file at minimum 300dpi.
Remember a GIF file is NOT appropriate for print. Any files pulled off your website will NOT be accepted. DO NOT send us logos done in Publisher, CorelDraw, Word, Powerpoint or WordPerfect.
The correct format for your contact information is:
Magazine Write-Up (70 Words)
Mention the kind of work your society/organization does, the kinds of volunteers you are looking for and what kind of training you offer to your volunteers. Encourage people to volunteer by letting them know how they can make a difference in their community using their skills and knowledge. Remember not to be too wordy and don’t include the contact information that already is listed at the top of your ad.
Volunteer Managers Appreciation Breakfast
Time: 8:30 am – 11:00 am
Location: Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
This year, we would like to recognize and highlight you, the volunteer managers, who work so hard to make volunteering a valuable experience for everyone involved. As our way of giving thanks to your unwavering efforts and continued support throughout the past year, we formally invite you to a hearty appreciation breakfast. Please join us for a fun-filled morning of capacity building and recognition. There may even be some prizes to be won!