Saturday, September 19, 2020
Online Free Event and Open to the Public
Like and Follow us on Facebook at Get Involved Central Okanagan to find out more about volunteer opportunities in the Central Okanagan. Our Volunteer page will feature profiles and videos of participating organizations. Find out how you can Get Involved! Register for the Fair today!
Looking to Volunteer? Get started today on our Volunteer Page! Find out more about our new Volunteer Opportunities Platform, the schedule for the Volunteer Fair, and how you can get involved on our Facebook page.
Missed the event? Watch the recording on our YouTube page!
Full Participation Cost: $65
Note: Refunds will not be issued after the Registration Deadline – August 7, 2020
To be contacted about 2021’s Fair, Sign up to our mailing list so you don’t miss our 2021 registration deadline.
- An organizational profile listing in the 2020/2021 Get Involved Magazine, which includes a 70-word description and your organization’s logo
- An organizational profile on our Get Involved Central Okanagan Facebook page
- An opportunity to post a short video on our Get Involved Central Okanagan Facebook page
- Free training and access to the new Okanagan Volunteer Connector platform
The first 48 registered organizations will receive a 10-minute Zoom time slot to speak with interested volunteers online and respond to questions.
Bonus: A 6 or 8ft table, with a tablecloth, at the 24th Annual Okanagan Volunteer Fair. If COVID-19 restrictions are lifted prior to September 1, 2020, to allow larger gatherings, then we will move ahead with the in-person event on September 19, 2020. Please complete all of your display requirements with this registration at this time.
Magazine Organizational Profile Listing
Your Event Registration includes a 70-word organization description and logo in our annual Get Involved Central Okanagan Style magazine, produced by the Kelowna Capital News.
For Display Advertising in Get Involved Central Okanagan Style, please contact the Kelowna Capital News.
The logo space is 2.3125″ wide x 0.75″ high. When sending your logo, the following are acceptable files:
- High-resolution PDF file (minimum 300dpi images at 100%, fonts embedded or converted to outlines) or;
- Vector Artwork file or .eps with all fonts converted to outlines (Illustrator CS3 or lower file) or;
- .jpeg or .tiff file at minimum 300dpi.
Remember a GIF file is NOT appropriate for print. Any files pulled off your website will NOT be accepted. Do NOT send us logos done in Publisher, CorelDraw, Word, Powerpoint or WordPerfect.
The correct format for your contact information is:
Magazine Write-Up (70 Words)
Mention the kind of work your society/organization does, the kinds of volunteers you are looking for and what kind of training you offer to your volunteers. Encourage people to volunteer by letting them know how they can make a difference in their community using their skills and knowledge. Remember not to be too wordy and don’t include the contact information that already is listed at the top of your ad