Struggling to find work in your field? Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants provides services to help you find skilled employment in BC that uses the education and experience that you bring to Canada.
Specifically designed for newcomers to Canada, we offer personalized pre-employment coaching and training, from action planning tailored to their career goals to the evaluation of skills, from job search to mentoring and networking opportunities, from gaining work experience to work placement—all aiming for them to adjust to their new environment and to be better equipped for professional growth in their chosen industry.
- English training and workplace language training
- Job search support for your targeted occupation
- Evaluation and assessment of your credentials
- Partially or fully funded skills training and upgrading
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to gain Canadian work experience through work placements
- One-on-one help with your job search
- Permanent Resident (five years or less)
- Live in the Okanagan Region
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Three years of pre-arrival experience in a particular career field (one year if 19-30 years of age)
- Intermediate to advanced level of English proficiency
Services available in English and French