Are you a Newcomer to Canada? Are you looking to re-enter your career?
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants is a FREE employment skills and training program specifically designed to assist New Permanent Residents (in the last 10 years) to re-enter their career in Canada.
Specifically designed for newcomers to Canada, we offer one-on-one personalized pre-employment coaching.
Our services include:
- Action planning tailored to your career goals
- Skills enhancement opportunities
- Job search support for your targeted occupation
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Work experience opportunities
- Access to funding for training, upgrading courses and professional licenses
- English and workplace language training
Our goal is to help you adjust to Canadian work culture and to assist your professional growth in your chosen industry.
We offer a specialized program for professionals with experience in:
- Corporate sales managers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Restaurant and food service manager
- Insurance, Real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Construction managers
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical and electronics engineers
- Information systems analyst and consultants
- Software engineers + designers
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Computer network technicians
- Web designers and developers
All professions that require licensure or certification in BC
E.g., Trades, healthcare, education etc.
All other professions
“Once more I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your time and assistance with this process. You all are an amazing bunch at KCR. Keep up the great work.” – Heba A.
“Let me thank you and thank you for this program that helped me and is helping others like me. This program is very useful for me, I am now able to set for the PPE exam and complete all other the processes for P.Eng.” -Mustaq A.
Services available in English and French.
Our FREE workshops are available for clients that meet the following criteria
- Resident of Thompson Okanagan and Kootenays region
- Obtained Permanent Resident status in the last 10 years and is still a Permanent Resident
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Interested in returning to work in pre-landing profession
- I have 1 year pre-arrival experience in a regulated profession
- I have 2 years pre-arrival experience in an unregulated profession (1 year if 30 years old or younger)
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English