Disruptive LeadershipAre you looking for ways to imbed Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) values in your organization?
Do you want to train and support leaders to manage disruptive organizational change?
Do you have emerging and experienced leaders who want to participate in an innovative program developed for and with the Kelowna area community?
A Multi-Sectoral Leadership Opportunity
United Way British Columbia (UWBC), KCR Community Resources (KCR), and community partners have developed a first offering of a Disruptive Leadership program to support leaders to understand and demonstrate the values of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI), and lead disruptive change in their organizations.
Dates & DetailsRegister by September 16, 2022
Fees due by September 29, 2022
Sessions will be held on the first Tuesday of every month from October 2022 to April, 2023
Session Dates: October 4, November 1, December 6, January 10, February 7, March 7, April 4
Program ElementsDisruptive Leadership will include six full-day sessions constructed to build leadership skills on the foundation of JEDI values.
- Half-day of community facilitated workshops, experiential learning exercises and panels presented by those who have experienced racism, sexism, inequality, poverty, and lack of fairness. Presenters will represent and support groups and individuals who are: Experiencing Homelessness; Women: Black, Indigenous, Mixed Race, People of Colour (BIMPOC); 2SLGBTQIA+ and Newcomers,
- Half-day of learning and practicing leadership skills and processes to support methods of leading system change,
- Individual and team experiential learning projects,
- Individual coaching and mentoring for participants and teams,
What’s in it for organizations, leaders and participants?
OrganizationsWill develop and enhance a systems approach to managing organizational change which has a positive impact on racism, sexism, inequality, poverty, and lack of fairness in the workplace and the community.
Senior leaders/SponsorsWill empower Disruptive Leadership participants to challenge and change their organization’s status quo, and provide ongoing mentoring to their participants throughout the program.
ParticipantsWill have the opportunity to:
- Build personal awareness of and openness to understanding their biases and frames of reference that affect how they develop, maintain and enhance relationships with others who are different than them,
- Analyze, evaluate and develop leadership systems and processes to support their organization to practice justice, inclusion, diversity, and equity.
- Develop and practice using adaptive systems, processes and approaches that will support organizational disruption, learning and change,
- Build relationships and ways of continuing collaborating with fellow program participants and facilitators, and continue to seek coaching and support after the program ends.
More information is available by contacting Heather Stewart at 250.212.6960 or moc.liamgnull@snoitisnartegas.
Program CostCost for organizations per participant will be pro-rated on a sliding scale through discussion with each organization. The full program cost is $3,000 per participant. United Way is subsidizing tuition costs on a sliding scale, based on the number of full-time equivalent (FTE) employees in the organization.
An invoice for payment will be issued after registration.
Sliding scale: $500 to $1200 The following table provides an overview of the range of costs per participant. Final tuition amounts will be discussed with each organization.
|Organization Annual Budget||Cost per Participant||Cost to UWBC|
|Small organization – less than 25 FTE||$500||$2,500|
|Medium-sized organization – more than 15 and less than 100 FTE||$800||$2,200|
|Large organization – more than 100 FTE||$1,200||$1,800|