Gateway to Tourism & Hospitality for NewcomersThe Tourism & Hospitality sector is one of the main industries in the Thompson Okanagan region. Our Gateway to Tourism & Hospitality Program is for you if you are new to Canada and are looking for a job where you can meet new people, get outside, eat great food, or tour the beautiful landscape.
This program will help you:
- Establish a network & find meaningful employment in the Hospitality/Tourism sector
- Get one-on-one help with your job search
- Get Canadian workplace experience
- Gain new skills for the future
- Obtain industry related certifications
- Create resume and cover letters that will get you noticed
- Receive mentoring and networking opportunities
- Find out what the Thompson Okanagan Tourism/Hospitality sectors have to offer you!
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Protected Person, or Refugee Claimant legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Newcomer to Canada (no more than 5 years)
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher
- Living in British Columbia
- Strong motivation to obtain training and employment in the Tourism & Hospitality sector.