YMCA Youth Employment ProgramsAges 16-30
Youth Works is a paid five-week program designed to teach you the skills you need to gain desired employment and move closer to your career goals.
During the program you will:
- Work with our Career Counsellors to identify career options;
- Establish a step by step plan to attain career goals;
- Create polished and professional resumes and cover letters;
- Discover the secrets to acing future interviews;
- Benefit from the wisdom of local guest speakers;
- Learn how to connect with community employers in your field of choice;
- Conduct valuable research to help you carve your career path and;
- Have access to financial supports as needed.
Who is eligible?
- You must not be on or eligible for EI (Employment Insurance);
- Not been on EI in the last 3 years, or parental EI in the last 5 years;
- Not in school full-time;
- Living in British Columbia;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or Protected Person;
- Unemployed or underemployed (working 19 hours or less per week) and seeking more hours;
- Not currently participating in another provincially- or federally-funded labour market program
This valuable opportunity will give you the competitive edge you need to secure and maintain your next job!
If you have general inquiries please feel free to call us at 250.861.5627 or email ac.naganakoacmynull@sbojhtuoy.
-Source: Twitter, WorkBC, 5 March 2018
KCR Employment Programs – Apply Today!Need to get ready for post-secondary training, or improve your Math, reading, and study strategies?
KCR is hosting their Job Readiness and Essential Skills training programs. Both programs are free to participants and involve 6-week, 3-hours-a-day training to help individuals identify career goals and take the steps necessary to reach these goals. In addition, individuals are provided with an additional 12 weeks of one-on-one follow-up support to help them meet their goals.
Dates: Tuesdays, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Location: KCR, 620 Leon Avenue, Kelowna
Job Readiness for the 21st Century
The primary objective of the Job Readiness for the 21st Century Employment Program is to assist individuals who have a disability, are an immigrant, or are over the age of 50+ with finding employment.
Next Training Dates: April 9, 2018 – May 25, 2018, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Essential Skills for the Workplace
Would you like to improve your Math, Reading, or Study skills to get a job or pursue further education? We will train you at your level and help you to get back to work or continue with school.
Next Training Dates: April 24, 2018 – June 8, 2018, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Don’t hesitate to call, even if a program date has passed, at 250.763.8008, or email ac.rcknull@secivrestnemyolpme. Visit our website at kcr.ca/employment-services to see if you’re a good fit for these programs.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Job Fund’s Employment Services and Support Programs. For more information about B.C.’s labour market programs, visit www.workbc.ca.
-Source: Travis Schneider, Manager, Employment Services, KCR – Community Resources, 2018