- #SIMPLEGENEROSITY VOLUNTEER AWARDS
- SUBMIT A NOMINATION NOW FOR CANADA’S VOLUNTEER AWARDS!
- NEIGHBOUR RECOGNITION
- INDIGENOUS EDUCATION AWARDS
- 2018 BC CHILD & YOUTH IN CARE WEEK ART CONTEST
#simplegenerosity Volunteer AwardsThroughout 2018, we’re selecting 52 volunteers who are devoted to developing positive and vibrant communities. That’s one person every week from regions throughout BC.
It’s easy to get involved. Nominate an inspiring volunteer and they could be eligible to make a $1,000 donation, courtesy of First West Credit Union, to the non-profit or charity of their choice.
When completing your nomination form, tell us what makes your nominee great:
- Where do they volunteer?
- How long have they been volunteering?
- How do they spread Simple Generosity in our community?
- What makes them an exceptional volunteer?
Nominate a Volunteer today
-Source: Christina Pocock, Community Investment Coordinator, First West Credit Union, 23 April, 2018
Neighbour RecognitionTell us about your outstanding neighbor by Neighbour Day (June 10) and they’ll be entered into a draw to win a gift card.
If you know a neighbour who makes a difference in your neighbourhood, offers to help others, or shows up on doorsteps with fresh baked goods, we want to hear about them.
We would like to thank deserving neighbours, and encourage others to lend a helping hand. The recognition is designed to celebrate acts of kindness and general neighbourliness.
The outstanding neighbours will receive a certificate, and will be recognized through City channels and at a year-end event.
-Source: Newsletter, City of Kelowna, 7 February 2018
Submit a Nomination now for Canada’s Volunteer Awards!Deadline: June 15, 2018
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards! It is a great opportunity to recognize the important work of volunteers and to acknowledge that our country would not be the same without them. The Department has developed and implemented a new online nomination system this year that now accepts file uploads for support letters!
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is now open. You are invited to:
- Nominate an individual, a group, a not-for-profit organization or a socially responsible business to receive an award; and to
- Promote the call for nominations to your stakeholders.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- One (1) national award – Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award, for individuals who have volunteered for at least 20 years;
- Five (5) regional awards – Emerging Leader, for young volunteers between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Five (5) regional awards – Community Leader, for individuals or groups of volunteers;
- Five (5) regional awards – Business Leader, to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility; and
- Five (5) regional awards – Social Innovator, to recognize the contributions of not-for-profit organizations.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony and will be able to choose a not-for-profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional awards) or $10,000 (national award).
Help highlight Canada’s volunteer culture! Nominate a volunteer, not-for-profit organization or business in your community today!
-Source: Newsletter, Government of Canada, 23 April 2018
Indigenous Education AwardsDeadline: July 15, 2018
Our Indigenous Education Awards Program supports First Nation, Inuit and Métis students across Canada by providing financial assistance to help them in their quest for higher education.
These awards, bursaries and scholarships are given to students who demonstrate leadership capabilities and strive to be role models in their schools and communities.
There are three different awards available:
- Merit Awards ($500) – for students completing Grades 10 – 12, including upgrading
- Bursaries ($1,000) – for students enrolled in trade, diploma or certificate programs
- Scholarships ($1,500) – for students enrolled in degree or graduate programs
-Source: Newsletter, Federation of BC Youth in Care Networks, 27 March 2018
2018 BC Child & Youth In Care Week Art ContestDeadline: June 18, 2018
BCCYICW is looking for a new logo design for next year! They want ideas from BC’s amazing and talented children and youth in and from care.
Create a logo design that expresses your own personal message about celebrating children and youth in care. It could be a drawing, collage, painting, or digital art piece. Win a $100 gift card and share your artwork with everyone who celebrates BC Child and Youth in Care Week! Visit the website to learn more and download the entry form.
-Source: Newsletter, Federation of BC Youth in Care Networksm 3 May 2018