The Institute of Community Engaged Research at UBC Okanagan in collaboration with Kelowna Community Resources have created a mapping website that allows users to share information about household items, employment opportunities, services, housing, and volunteering that might be used by incoming Syrian refugees.
To Donate Household Items, Employment Opportunities or Volunteer Time…
- Register on the GeoLive Mapping site
- Add your donation information by dragging a map icon for the category (employment, volunteering, etc)
View the video tutorial for making donations through the Okanagan Refugee Community Resources Geolive Map
- Choose whether you want your information to be public or private – Public information will be posted on the corresponding Facebook Page automatically
- Post your donation directly to the Facebook Page.
**If you encounter difficulties with GeoLive, please use our submission forms:
- I would like to donate household items
- I would like to donate my time
- I have a housing rental available
- I have an employment opportunity
To Make a Monetary Donation:
- Donate through United for Refugees. United Way will match funds up to $5000.
- Donate through Paypal
- Donate through CanadaHelps.org
- Donate by cash or cheque to Kelowna Community Resources