Program DescriptionOptions 55+ is specifically designed to assist job seekers 55 years of age or better to re-enter the workforce. This program provides you with what you need to be successful: One-to-one support, group training modules and workshops, computer training, assistance in job search and much more. In addition, we partner with local community agencies, we provide follow-up support and assist you to attain skills training to prepare for work in your chosen career. All services are customized to what you need!
This program offers:
- 5 modules of employment and skills development training
- Career assessments
- Resume writing assistance
- Specific short-term certificates as needed
- Basic Computer training
- Identification of transferable skills
- Individualized job search assistance/coaching
- Mentorship opportunities in your chosen field
- Job placement assistance and follow up supports
Eligibility CriteriaIn order to be eligible for Options 55+, participants must be:
- 55 years of age or over
- Looking for work in the Central Okanagan
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person Entitled to Work in Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, and
- Not a full-time student
DatesJanuary Class On Now – Deadline to Register: Monday, January 18th
February Class: Starts February 15th
Please contact our Employment Services team immediately for information and intake at ac.rcknull@secivrestnemyolpme.
ContactCall us at 250.763.8008, or email us for more information.
Funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement