Location: KCR Community Resources, #200 – 620 Leon Avenue, Kelowna
Cost: $25 per Organization (Max 2 people)
It’s 6:30 pm. You’ve been up since 6:00 am and have just put in a full day at work. Your head and stomach are telling you it’s time for dinner. And you’re still sitting in a not-for-profit board meeting that started at 4:30 … which was supposed to wrap up at 5:45 pm. Suddenly, you hear, “I nominate [your name] for Board Chair”. What?!
Maybe your appointment as Chair of your favourite not-for-profit wasn’t quite so dramatic. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones that served as Vice-Chair for a term before becoming Chair. Even so, most future Chairs of not-for-profit Boards are not prepared (read: groomed) to take over the leadership position.
Do you want to become the Chair of a Board of Directors? How do you make that a reality? Board Boot Camp 201 will provide a quick primer to become the best leader you can be for your not-for-profit organization.
- Learn effective qualities of leaders
- Gain awareness about your personal leadership style
- Understand the separation between the Board and senior staff
- Find out how to run your meetings timely and effectively
- Explore when your organization might need outside for expertise