Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Position SummaryThe Communications and Development Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Services and other staff to promote fee for service programming, support fund development and other aspects of resource development, and communication needs.
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Director of Services
Prime FunctionsCommunications & Relationship Building
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners, Not-For-Profit organizations and local employers in person, on the telephone and by email
- Represent KCR professionally at community meetings and events
- Create relationships with local media; advertise programs and services via a number of mediums
- Draft media releases for review by Executive Director or Director of Services
- Other tasks as required in order to support KCR programs
Development – Resource & Fund
- Market sponsorship opportunities to local businesses
- Source grant opportunities that align with KCR core competencies and mission
- Promote fee-for-service programs including Community Service & Employment Service’s workshops and programs, translation and interpretation services, Immigration consulting, and Adoption Centre of BC to community organizations and the general public as needed
- Create marketing materials and packages; distribute using a variety of channels
- Track and report deliverables; maintain statistics and database of contacts
- Education in business, marketing, non-profit management, human resources, or similar field of study
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Social media experience
- Strong computer skills; experience developing publications, rack cards and other marketing materials
- Experience engaging the public; customer service
To ApplyEmail resume and cover letter to Katelin Mitchell, Director of Services at ac.rcknull@niletak.
Application Deadline: This position will be posted until a successful candidate is found.