Save the Date: Saturday, September 16, 2017
Registration | Sponsors | Magazine Ads | Lunch & Learn
Steering Committee | Media | Galleries | News
This annual event — now in its 20th year — draws 70+ local non-profit organizations who need volunteers to support the programs and services that make our community a better place to live. They are looking forward to meeting and talking with new volunteers face-to-face and providing all the information they need to find their volunteering ‘home’. For volunteers, this event represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about each organization, and how their personal involvement can make a difference in our community. One stop, with all the answers they need to make their choice (Or choices!) on where they will give of their time. At the Fair, we all come together to help make Kelowna a great place to live!
RegistrationRegistration will be opening May 2017.
Magazine AdsSubmit your ad online with your registration (preferred), or email your information to: ac.rcknull@ofni. If emailing, please enter your organization’s name in the subject line, followed by “Write up”. Submission guidelines are as follows.
Please note: an extra fee of $60 will be charged for each change to magazine content and logo once submitted.
The logo space is 2.3125″ wide x 0.75″ high. When sending your logo, the following are acceptable files:
- a high resolution PDF file (minimum 300dpi images at 100%, fonts embedded or converted to outlines) or;
- a Vector Artwork file or .eps with all fonts converted to outlines (Illustrator CS3 or lower file) or;
- a .jpeg or .tiff file at minimum 300dpi.
Remember a GIF file is NOT appropriate for print. Any files pulled off your website will NOT be accepted. Do NOT send us logos done in Publisher, CorelDraw, Word, Powerpoint or WordPerfect.
The correct format for your contact information is:
City, Province Postal Code
70 Words Mention the kind of work your society/organization does, the kinds of volunteers you are looking for and what kind of training you offer to your volunteers. Encourage people to volunteer by letting them know how they can make a difference in their community using their skills and knowledge. Remember not to be too wordy and don’t include the contact information that already is listed at the top of your ad.
Lunch & LearnDate & Location: TBA
Download the notes from the 2016 Lunch & Learn
Steering CommitteeLaurel D’Andrea
Executive Director, Uptown Rutland Business Association
Community Recreation Coordinator, City of Kelowna
Program Coordinator, Lake Country Health Planning Society
Okanagan Young Professionals
Kelowna Capital News
- September 23, 2015 – Capital News Article
- 2015 – OVOF Sponsors – Thank You
- September 4, 2014 – eVent Banner Ad
- Parkinson Recreation Centre – Guide Ad
- September 2, 2012 – eVent Banner Ad
- August 26, 2012 – eVent Banner Ad
- 2012 – Daily Courier Article
- 2015 Volunteer Fair
- 2014 Volunteer Fair
- 2013 Volunteer Fair
- 2012 Volunteer Fair
- 2011 Volunteer Fair
- 2010 Volunteer Fair
- 2009 Volunteer Fair
Read the Latest Blog Posts about the Volunteer Fair
- Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair September 14, 2016
- Register for the 2016 Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair April 20, 2016
- Get Involved: Volunteering Central Okanagan Style 2015 September 25, 2015
- 18th Annual Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair – September 19th, 2015 September 16, 2015
- Make a Difference: Volunteers Needed September 23, 2014
- Get Involved: Volunteering Central Okanagan Style 2014 September 23, 2014
- Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair – September 20th September 11, 2014
- 2014 Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair May 21, 2014
- Volunteer Centre Column: More Ways to Volunteer Open up Every Day September 12, 2013
- Get Involved – Volunteer Central Okanagan Style 2013 September 9, 2013