To celebrate all volunteers and to get you thinking more deeply about volunteering, during NVW Volunteer Canada will release a series of crossword puzzles that reveal the impacts, benefits and diverse ways Canadians are involved in communities. Some answers may be obvious, while others may cause you to stop and say: “Volunteering, Eh?”
However you recognize volunteering in 2017, one thing remains timeless…and that is volunteer efforts create positive impact in communities across Canada.
Get a jump start by:
- Create your personal volunteer profile in our database
- Add your agency’s volunteer opportunities
- Searching for volunteering opportunities in the Central Okanagan
- View Volunteer Canada’s Campaign Kit: Tips & Tools
- Sign up for our FREE Workshop Series: Nourishing Managers of Volunteers, held monthly
Future National Volunteer Week Dates:
- April 15-21, 2018
- April 7-13, 2019
Workshops Focused on Volunteerism
- Workshop Series: Nourishing Managers of Volunteers Free Workshop Series: “Nourishing Managers of Volunteers” – Encourage one another & Expand our knowledge during these lunch hour gatherings held the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Block one hour in your calendar every month and then register for one workshop at a time. Upcoming Workshops Summer Break – July & August How to Hook New Volunteers: Recruitment as Selling Date: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Location: Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna Note: Combines two ...
- Register Now for the 2017 Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair Saturday, September 16, 2017, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Location: Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna Register Now This trade show style of event brings together about 70 nonprofits organizations recruiting volunteers with hundreds of people looking for a place to volunteer. It is a time to have face-to-face conversations about causes, services, and opportunities. There are lots choices about where to get involved and how to make the greatest impact. Learn More about the Event
Volunteer CanadaApril 23-29, 2017, is National Volunteer Week (NVW), a time to celebrate and thank Canada’s 12.7 million volunteers. This year marks the 14th consecutive year that Volunteer Canada and Investors Group have partnered to deliver the NVW campaign.
In 2017, volunteering comes in many forms and is as diverse as Canada itself. Someone who shovels their neighbour’s laneway or who brings a lost pet to the animal shelter is helping to build a stronger community. Sometimes we miss recognizing these people as volunteers, because they do not occupy a formal role within an organization or group.