Find the opportunity that’s the right fit for your interests and your lifestyle.
Volunteer in the Central Okanagan
Do you have a Volunteer Profile? Login Now or create a Profile
Want to find volunteering opportunities suitable for your interests? Search our database!
- Go to Search: Step 1 to search all available opportunities
- Browse all Organizations or Areas of Interest
- Get Search Tips
View the Newest Volunteer Opportunties from our Database
- Crisis Line Volunteer (15 Aug 2017)
- Kelowna Community Resources (KCR), Crisis Line
- To listen and support callers in distress. Support includes a listening, compassionate ear, crisis intervention and referrals to resources when appropriate.
Training takes place 3 times a year and consists of 6 hours of home study, approximately 18 classroom hours, and 4 shifts auditing with experienced volunteers. Next training will start January, 2018.
- Walk Committee Chair or Co-Chair (15 Aug 2017)
- Alzheimer Society of BC, North & Central Okanagan
- Responsible for leading and motivating a volunteer committee which in turn is responsible for the successful staging of the Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s fundraising event in May 2018 in your community.
- Board Member (02 Aug 2017)
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), Central Okanagan Chapter
- We currently have openings for Board Members to join our Chapter Board of Directors. The board members attend monthly meetings and work towards positively promoting MADD in the community.
The MADD Central Okanagan Chapter is a local grassroots not-for-profit organisation and is currently recruiting board members to join our Chapter board.
Our mission is to stop impaired driving and to support victims of this violent crime.
Board Member Required:
1. no experience necessary - all training provided
2. attend monthly board meetings
3. assist (as necessary) chapter community events
4. provide input and ideas to continue to grow and support the chapter
5. min. commitment of 1 - 2 years
- Various positions - photographer, cheering squad, breakfast tent, purchase tent, rest stop, route signage, tour leader, volunteer check in (02 Aug 2017)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society of Canada, Okanagan Chapter
- Various positions are available if you are interested in being a part of something exciting. From taking pictures of the activity to following behind to assist, there is a position available that will appeal to anyone. Everyone gets to be a part of the cheering squad .
- Logistics Captain (02 Aug 2017)
- Crohn's and Colitis Canada, Kelowna Chapter
- Gutsy Walk is the signature national fundraising event for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, with almost 60 communities across Canada coming together on one day in June to raise money to advance medical research on these devastating chronic diseases that touch 1 in 150 Canadians. Together, we will make Crohn’s and colitis stop. For life.
As the Gutsy Walk Logistics Captain, you will ensure Walk day is a positive and safe experience for all, including:
* Work closely with committee members to identify event requirements (number of tables, venue limitations, etc.)
* Develop a comprehensive logistics schedule (delivery pick-ups/drop-offs, set up/tear down)Create a master venue layout with key elements (power sources, washrooms, food, tents, signage)
* Become the on-site expert for logistical elements (on-site electricity, Parks officials) including emergency procedures in case of severe weather
* Be an active participant in all committee meetings, meet timelines and adhere to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada policies and procedures
Not sure what you want to do? A few resources to help…Try some of our checklists. They can help you think differently about what you are looking for, and, what you have to offer. Using the lists will give you a sense of how your skills and abilities can be of great value to non-profit organizations. You can also learn more about yourself!
Download the following resources in PDF format:
Get Involved: Central Okanagan Style
Volunteer with Kelowna Community ResourcesKCR has a variety of volunteer opportunities within our programs. Check out the program areas below that work with volunteers and call us today!
Contact: Lisa Ford 250.763.8008 ext 136 or ac.rcknull@dneirfylimaf
Contact: Michelle Nelmes at 250.763.8008 ext 233 or ac.rcknull@enilsisirc
Youth Volunteering in Canada
Read the latest Volunteer Centre Column as seen in the Capital NewsVolunteer Centre Column Archives
- Register Now for the 2017 Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair August 3, 2017
- Upcoming Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair PROMO July 26, 2017
- Wise & Well – Calling all Volunteers! April 20, 2017
- Workshop: Overview of Volunteer Management – Spring 2017 January 19, 2017
- KCR Mentor Volunteer Committee November 28, 2016
- Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair September 14, 2016
- Register for the 2016 Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair April 20, 2016
- National Volunteer Week – Recognition Ideas for Volunteers April 13, 2016
- Volinspire Updates March 23, 2016
- Volinspire: Testimonials & Outreach March 10, 2016