Saturday, September 19th, 2015
10:00am – 3:00pm
Parkinson Recreation Centre
1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
This annual event — now in its 18th year — draws 75+ local non-profit organizations who need volunteers to support the programs and services that make our community a better place to live. They are looking forward to meeting and talking with new volunteers face-to-face and providing all the information they need to find their volunteering ‘home’. For volunteers, this event represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about each organization, and how their personal involvement can make a difference in our community. One stop, with all the answers they need to make their choice (Or choices!) on where they will give of their time. At the Fair, we all come together to help make Kelowna a great place to live!
Contact us to find out when registration opens.
Submit your ad online with your registration (preferred), or email your information to: ac.rcknull@ofni. If emailing, please enter your organization’s name in the subject line, followed by “Write up”. Submission guidelines are as follows.
Please note: an extra fee of $60 will be charged for each change to magazine content and logo once submitted.
The logo space is 2.3125″ wide x 0.75″ high. When sending your logo, the following are acceptable files:
- a high resolution PDF file (minimum 300dpi images at 100%, fonts embedded or converted to outlines) or;
- a Vector Artwork file or .eps with all fonts converted to outlines (Illustrator CS3 or lower file) or;
- a .jpeg or .tiff file at minimum 300dpi.
Remember a GIF file is NOT appropriate for print. Any files pulled off your website will NOT be accepted. Do NOT send us logos done in Publisher, CorelDraw, Word, Powerpoint or WordPerfect.
The correct format for your contact information is:
City, Province Postal Code
70 Words Mention the kind of work your society/organization does, the kinds of volunteers you are looking for and what kind of training you offer to your volunteers. Encourage people to volunteer by letting them know how they can make a difference in their community using their skills and knowledge. Remember not to be too wordy and don’t include the contact information that already is listed at the top of your ad.
Lunch & Learn
More information to come.
Executive Director, Uptown Rutland Business Association
Community Recreation Coordinator, City of Kelowna
Myra Majeran & Beryl Itani
Volunteers, Kelowna Community Resources
Manager, UBC Community Service Learning Program
Executive Director, Kelowna Community Music School
View the ads for the Okanagan Volunteer Opportunities Fair on our Media Coverage page.
Click on one of the galleries from past volunteer fairs to open the photo archive page.
Read the Latest Blog Posts about the Volunteer Fair
- Volunteer Centre Column: More Ways to Volunteer Open up Every Day September 12, 2013
- Get Involved – Volunteer Central Okanagan Style 2013 September 9, 2013
- Volunteer Fair This Saturday September 6, 2013
- Volunteer Centre Column: Stories From Volunteer Front Lines August 29, 2013
- Volunteer Centre Column: Volunteer Fair August 23, 2013
- Volunteer Centre Column: Businesses Make Connections at the Volunteer Fair August 22, 2013