If you’re interested in looking for volunteering opportunities within our organization, or in the Central Okanagan, here is the place to start! We have an extensive database of volunteer organizations and volunteering positions available for you to search.
Find the opportunity that’s the right fit for your interests and your lifestyle.
Volunteer in the Central Okanagan
- Go to Search: Step 1 to search all available opportunities
- Browse all Organizations or Areas of Interest
- See What’s New
- Get Search Tips
Are you a youth / student? You can search for volunteer opportunities available specifically for students.
Not sure what you want to do? A few resources to help…
Try some of our checklists. They can help you think differently about what you are looking for, and, what you have to offer. Using the lists will give you a sense of how your skills and abilities can be of great value to non-profit organizations. You can also learn more about yourself!
Download in PDF format:
Volunteer with Kelowna Community Resources
KCR has a variety of volunteer opportunities within our programs. Check out the program areas below that work with volunteers and call us today!
This program matches trained volunteers with single parent families to provide support, companionship and connection to community resources.
Contact: Bev Colbow: 250.763.8008 ext 36
The crisis line provides a confidential telephone service with trained volunteers available to provide support, a listening ear, assisting the caller to fully explore their feelings and concerns, explore options, alternatives and referrals to and information on available community resources.
Contact: Administration Office: 250.763.8058 ext 233
Youth Volunteering in Canada
Read the latest Volunteer Centre Column as seen in the Capital News
- March 7, 2014 Volunteer Centre Column: PLAN Okanagan’s Trivia Night Fundraiser Needs You
- February 7, 2014 Volunteer Centre Column: Volunteers Opportunities are Available Around the Clock
- January 10, 2014 Volunteer Centre Column: Regional Training Workshops and Community Conversations
- January 9, 2014 Volunteer Centre Column: What Type of Change-Maker are you?
- January 9, 2014 Workshops: Lunch & Lead – Volunteer Management Series
- November 29, 2013 Volunteer Centre Column: Holiday Events for Fun Memory Making
- November 8, 2013 Volunteer Centre Column: Volunteers who Help us Remember
- October 25, 2013 Volunteer Centre Column: Frontline or Behind the Scenes Volunteering
- October 17, 2013 Workshop: Get to Know Us – How We Support the Nonprofit Sector
- October 17, 2013 Volunteer Centre Column: Skills Gained from Volunteering