CCAA issued the following changes as of March 18,2011. Please note that theseÂ changes are applicable to both the non special needs program as well as theÂ Waiting Child program in China.
All with Notice of Travel to China dated as of August 1, 2011 are subject to the followingÂ changes:
Post placement reports – six report required at the following intervals:
- 1 month following placement – to focus on initial integration.
- 6 months following placement – to include medical check up by doctor, andÂ written report by child’s teacher if child is over 10 years of age.
- 12 months following placement – to include medical check up, written report byÂ teacher and by child if over 10 years and “Feedback on the Special Needs Child” andÂ progress of “Care and Nurturing Plan” during this time period.
- 2, 3 and 5 years following placement – to focus on adjustments andÂ development of child.
All who submit dossiers as of October 1 2011 must include the following in addition toÂ the documentation already known to be required:
- Home studies must include a minimum of 4 in person visits/interviews
- 3 written reference letters – one must be written by adult children if over the age ofÂ 18 years. If applicants have minor school age children one must be written by teacher.
- Psychological report if applicants have received or are receiving psychologicalÂ counseling, have potential emotional problems, alcohol problems as a youth, mental orÂ physical abuse, emotional loss or trauma.